While the festival of lights, Diwali, brings new rays of hope and prosperity in your households, it also marks the arrival of Lord Rama along with Sita and Laskhman. They came to Ayodhya after 14 years of exile. So, here are a few lessons that we can draw from the festival.
1. Diwali means warding off the darkness from your soul. Hence, when you light lamps, you are embracing brightness in your home and removing negativity all around.
2. As we tidy up our homes for the festive season, we welcome Goddess Lakshmi. By organizing a pooja, we are also eradicating the obstacles that come our way. These can be in form of bad habits, jealousy, hatred, or even wrong companionship.
3. When we offer gifts to people around us, we are simply spreading joy and happiness all around us. It’s also about showering unconditional love for those who have walked with us during phase in life.
4. The tradition of the festival also signifies wealth and grabbing the opportunity to do something better for the society.
5. Most importantly, we also gain victory over the evil during Diwali. But, we must stay patient for lady luck to shine upon us.
Well, as the festive season moves ahead, I am just cherishing moments with my family.
How about you? How are you moving ahead to make every day special and joyous during Diwali?